Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, February 10, 2024

Stand Still

We have all heard the phrase, “Don’t just stand there. Do something.” I take that to heart, because I am a doer. I like to be busy. My mind is constantly thinking, “What can I do next? Is there a project I can complete?” Better yet, I love making sure my spouse has a project going on, as well. Although he tells me, “These projects are coming to a close.” That is really good for a laugh. 

     To be honest, he may be right. Maybe I should consider how another author turned that phrase around. “Don’t just do something. Stand there.”  

     Scripture tells me:

 

1 Samuel 12:16       “Now then, stand still and see…”

Psalm 37:7            “Be still before the Lord and wait…”

Psalm 46: 10          “Be still and know…”

Jeremiah 47:6       “…Cease and be still.”

Zephaniah 3:8       “…Wait for me…”

Psalm 27:14           “Wait for the Lord…”


These are just thoughts for me to consider before planning my next "great" project...or my husband's next one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment