Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, February 8, 2024

Delivered

 We were asked to read a few verses in Psalm 34 and insert our name. I zeroed in on verses 4 and 7. They held real meaning, mainly because of a recent incident. "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." vs 4 "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and deliverth them." vs 7
     Often I do not realize the protection the Lord and His angels provide. Then there are times when I really do; as in an incident which happened while traveling recently.   
     I was driving in my lane headed west, passing a long line of slow traffic moving east. I was in a deep curve with double yellow lines on the road and with traffic behind me, as well. One car was driving very close behind me.  When I cleared the curve and could see around it, I was face to face with a black SUV in which the driver had become impatient and decided to pass in a curve. This was a head-on collision with possibly a rear-ending, as well, just seconds from happening. There was no time to think, much less call out to God. I could not completely slam on my brakes or the car behind would slam into my rear. I was attempting to take the shoulder since there was still traffic in the other lane when the on-coming car also took the shoulder. I quickly jerked my car back into the driving lane and managed to pass through with the other driver driving passing on the shoulder of the road. All traffic continued moving with no slow down and no injuries. That was protection by the hand of God, and His encampment of angels. My husband and I gave God all the praise immediately!
    For this reason, I took the above two scriptures and wrote: 

Delivered
Mary called on the Lord,
And He heard.
Her heart was stirred.
Out of trouble, He brought her.
Only He knew what for.
His angels encamped about
To help Mary out.
He delivered!
Mary shivered!
In awe of His power
Through every minute and hour, 
Mary gives thanks and praise
For His protection and love throughout her days.
Thank you Lord!
     
            

No comments:

Post a Comment