Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Hear Me

Zacchaeus was a wee little man. He was trying to see, so he climbed a sycamore tree. He was a sinner, yet he was focused on seeing Jesus. What then did Jesus do? He took time away from His task at hand to talk to Zacchaeus as he said, “Zacchaeus, you come down. I’m going to your house today.’

     Do we take time for others? Are we focused on Jesus? What does Jesus desire from us?  I believe He wants us to be focused on Him; Hear Him; Love Him. 

 

Hear Me

 

I long to talk, 

Hold your hand, 

Take a little walk

Before the dawn, 

Before you travel on.

Sit a while my child.

Take time with me!

I care so much for thee. 

Listen!

Strive to hear 

Words I softly whisper in your ear. 

Again and again

I come as a Friend 

But am left rejected – neglected.

I have written wisdom, line by line,

But time and time again,

Forgotten lies that book of mine;

Forgotten are my words

Not being mindfully stored;

Forgotten is my Father

As you drift farther and farther.

I plead with thee: 

Hear me!

Seek me! 

Love me!

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  6/26/2023 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment