Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, June 2, 2023

Prayer of Jabez

 I mentioned the Lord's Prayer yesterday. There are just some prayers that stand out once they are pointed out. One of my favorites is the prayer of Jabez. I don't believe I would ever have locked into it had I not read Bruce Wilkinson's book, The Prayer of Jabez. This prayer is located in 1 Chronicles 4:10, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain."  I am not sure I remember correctly Wilkerson's  four points to this prayer but I use it as follows: 

1. Pray for blessings for self.
2. Enlarge my territory (This one is hard for me. I am afraid God will give me a job or deed to do which I dread or am unwilling to do.)
3. Let your hand be with me so I do not hurt or injure another in word or deed 
4. Keep Satan away  

No comments:

Post a Comment