Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Prayer of Jehoshaphat

In troubling times, when I find I do not know what to pray, I simply ask Jesus to do it for me. However, other times, I see a prayer given in Scripture that just draws my attention and helps me in my prayer life. As mentioned in a previous post, I really like the prayer of Jabez. However, as I was reading 2 Chronicles 20: 6 I came across the prayer issued by Jehoshaphat. It stood out to me, especially the last sentence: "O Lord, the God of our fathers, are You not God in the heavens? And are You not ruler over all the kingdoms of the nations? Power and might are in Your hand so that on one can stand against You." 
     This is just a reminder that when trouble looms it ugly head, I should have no fear if I have God and have said my prayers for no one can stand against God.

No comments:

Post a Comment