Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, June 3, 2023

The Clean Stable

As I was reading Proverbs 14, I came across verse four, "Without oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest." I thought the verse so interesting that I really wanted to find a good interpretation, so I googled it. I found, "The only clean stable is an empty stable. So if you want the work of an ox and to enjoy an abundant harvest, you'll have a mess or two to clean up." 
     I have always thought God has a sense of humor, and I found this scripture verse funny because when I have a job to do, it becomes my focus, whether sewing, quilting, or yard projects, and all other areas of my life get messy, especially my house keeping. Sounds like a good excuse to me for a dirty house. 
     On another note, I think God may be telling us to get up out of the easy chair and get to work in order to enjoy an abundant crop of blessings without expecting free handouts.  

My scripture to memorize this week is Psalm 119:11 "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." 

No comments:

Post a Comment