Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, July 14, 2023

A Permanent Relationship

Relationship is defined as the state of being connected, or dealings and/or feelings that exist between two or more people. There are all kinds of relationships in life. 

     I’ve had relationships that have come and gone for whatever reason. Some have been good and some bad. Some have been more or less a permanent part of my life. These are relationships I will always value. Whether friend or foe lives are affected in one way or another by our relationships.

     There is one relationship that affected me early in life. A few times I drifted away because I was sure my actions would be frowned upon, but I was always drawn back. I did not want to give up the love and comfort this special relationship gave me. How could I walk away from the One who gave me life? The One who left His royal place of safety in Heaven to come to earth for me? The One who carried my Cross? The One who willingly died so I could live? The One who loves me no matter what? The One who never breaks His promise?  

     Jesus wants a permanent relationship with me. He longs to walk and talk with me daily, and I want to walk and talk with Him, as well.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment