Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, July 18, 2023

The Eviction

As God's children, He is always there for us in our troubles, even the ones we create by allowing Satan's tricks of deception into our lives. As humans with fleshly desires it seems we create a cycle. We call on God and He rescues. We are thankful, yet we turn right around and choose to sin once more. Then once again call on God. 
     He is continually forgiving me. His love is so great my desire is to please Him at all times although I struggle with sin on a daily basis. Remembering the peace of God's love helps me resist the devil and his ways. 


The Eviction 

 

Satan roamed 

Close to my home.

He snuck in when I opened the door,

Bringing treats from his deceitful store.

His bag of tricks

Was meant to prick.

I nibbled at the enticing bait, 

Never considering my fate.

I looked!

I was hooked!

His wares were toxic waste,

Leaving me shame-faced.

I had heard

How he loved to leave people in shambles and groans,

How he liked to create shattered homes, 

How he enjoyed leading the weak to stray,

How he desired to come and stay.

So I was a sap 

To fall into his trap.

To get out of this trouble I had fallen for

I had to open the door,

Destroy Satan’s clout

And kick him out.

But, I needed help with this affliction.

I needed help to perform the eviction.

I didn’t want Satan to stay,

So I began to pray.

I couldn’t do the eviction alone.

I cried out to the Lord with a mighty groan. 

I admitted the fool I’d been, 

 And asked God to come in

And forgive my sin.

In doing so

I felt His love within me flow.

It was God ‘s ways I wanted to know. 

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 7/17/2023 

 

“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” Revelation 12:9 KJV 

 

                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment