Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Releasing the Burden

     I was walking a lonely road. The burden I carried was heavy. A Stranger came along the trail and said, “Let me carry that load for you.”

      Stubbornly, I replied, “It is much too heavy. I’ll just shift it to another shoulder.”

     The Stranger commented, “I am strong and can carry that weight. Trust me!”

     I stumbled under the load saying, “It’s my burden, but I”ll let you carry half.”

     He took the part I allowed. My burden lifted some, but the load I still carried made me stumble once again. 

     The stranger reached out His hand to help me up. As He did, I gave Him the rest of the luggage I carried. I simply didn't think I could manage another step with that cumbersome load, and He seemed to be having no problem with what I had already shared. 

     Continuing to walk along the remaining path, I found I had no burden, I was not tired, I was not worried, I felt uplifted. 

     The Stranger didn’t seem to mind, never grumbled, and never stumbled once. He was not tired from what I given Him.  

      We fellowshipped, we sang, I felt no burdensome pain. I found a skip within my step. I found my tears were gone with laughter immersing from within. There was relieve from not carrying all that weigh. I had cast them all onto the shoulders of the Man who walked with me, I had given them to Jesus.


Jesus tell us, "Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you: He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment