Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, July 7, 2023

In The Garden

Yesterday, I attended an old-time gospel singing at our church and requested a song, “In the Garden.” Asked why, I replied, “Because God walks with me every day.” No truer words could have been spoken. 

     Actually, I went to my garden this morning early, before coffee and a talk with my Lord, to pick a few tomatoes. It ended up being a bucket full. Returning I thought, “Lord, what am I going to do with all these today.” He spoke, “Forget them for now. Let’s talk.” At that, I grabbed my coffee and returned to my “quiet place” to find as the song states, “He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own.” Oh my, how I love that song! It speaks to my heart just as God speaks to me. 

     In fact, I cannot be forgotten for as Isaiah 49:15b-16 (NLT) says, “I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.” That tells me my name is engraved in the scars from the cross.  

     I would be remiss by not telling how we followed the song with another of my great favorites and one which was requested by my husband, "Love Lifted Me." That is exactly how I feel. Love from Jesus lifts me up when I take the time to let Him walk and talk with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment