Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, January 24, 2023

A Merry Heart

      I was researching the best foods for good health during the night-time hours when I could not sleep, and while doing so, remembered the best medicine for good health, and it is given to us in Proverbs 17:22, "A merry heart doth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."  According to this verse, maybe the best thing we can do for good health is to have a jolly whole-hearted laugh every day.
     I truly believe laughter is good for the soul.  My neighbor and I talk a lot, from time to time, about joy vs happiness and how joy creates laughter even in the worst of time.  We both agree that joy is inner felt, and it shows in people's lives.  In fact, Mr. Jim found and purchased an old plaque from a good-will store that said, "If you're happy and you know it, say Amen!"  He wanted the rest of the lyrics added, so I helped him add "clap your hands, stomp your feet, and your face will surely show it."  He attached it to the outside wall of his garage entry as a reminder to put a smile on his face and to sing and shout, "Amen."  I thought this was a neat idea. 
     Now, back to the foods for good health. I found a chart which shows foods that look like the body parts they benefit. To name a few: Celery looks like the bones,  kidney beans like the kidney, ginger like the stomach, a sweet potato like the pancreas, a sliced carrot like the eye, etc. There were other charts and the one below does not show them all.  I am not sure there was one regarding the thyroid which is butterfly shaped, but if you look at both sides, it looks like the Brazil nut which I have read is good that that body part.  I find God's "healthy" humor interesting.  Here again, enough to give us a jolly laugh! So, laugh-out-loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment