Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, January 5, 2023

Attire for the Day

     Cleaning a closet should be an easy task, but I do not find it an easy one.  That is why I have so many clothing options to choose from.  Yet, I find myself continuing to buy new ones to complete the latest styles.  I also want ones that compliment my skin color and shape, which for some reason keeps changing.   
     However, with the right mindset, my daily dress selections should be simple. 

                               Daily Attire 

 

My day is set

By the way I dress.

It helps, also, to have had a little rest

So my mind is clear 

When temptations draw near.

It’s not about the color I wear

Or whether there’s an unseen tear.

What sets the day is what I select;

What dress is correct?

Man-made won’t take me through the trials,

Nor will the latest styles.

I do not need clothes of velvet; 

Just a helmet.

I do not need a belt of felt.

I need a shield 

For Satan’s battlefield.

I do not need a purse

For when life goes from bad to worse.

What I carry should be a two-edged sword

To complete this armour from the Lord.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson. 1/5/2022

 

“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6: 13-17

 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment