Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, January 2, 2023

One Day At A Time

     I am trying to start the year off right with not worrying about tomorrow.  Matthew 6 gives us several verses to consider in letting God take care of us just as we allowed our own parents to solve our problems when we were little children, children without a care in the world. 


One Day At A Time 

 

Give me this day.

Oh, let me walk in your way.

One day at a time

Is my daily chime.

No worries over yesterday,

Where I’ll not linger or stay.

No worries over tomorrow.

That’s not yet my sorrow.

Just one day at a time, let me walk

With you in lingering talk.

Each day has its own upheaval;

Its own tempting evil. 

Oh Lord, take my hand,

Help me stand;

Find the joy in the climb

One day at a time. 

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 1/2/2023 

 

“Give us our daily bread.”  Matthew 6:11 NIV

 

“If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will He not much more clothe you- you of little faith.”  Matthew 6:30 NIV

 

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough troubles of its own.”  Matthew 6:34 NIV 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment