Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Sympathy, Empathy, or Compassion

      Sympathy, Empathy, Compassion! Which do we do best? 

By definition:  
Sympathy is a feeling of pity and sorrow for someone's misfortune.
Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
Compassion is to literally suffer together, or even to become motivated to relieve the suffering of another. 

     I am sorry to say that compassion (to literally give my life so someone else can live) is not a trait built into my character.  I am so blessed and thankful that Jesus had compassion.  He is the Good Shepherd who gave His life for His sheep.  Jesus had true compassion when He took up the Cross and let the nails be hammered into His hands and feet for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment