Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, January 29, 2023

Refueling

      Refueling is not my favorite chore these days with the price of gas as it is.  My pocketbook feels the pain at the pump. It is costly and does nothing to give me a relaxing peace about the day.
      However, there is a type of refueling which is free.  It feeds the soul and restores the body.  We all need it. In fact, when God created the earth, He worked for six days and then on the Sabbath, He rested.  This is the day He established for His people to refuel.
     On the other hand, I find I need to refuel every day.  When I start first thing with God,  my day goes so much better.  It is good to "fill the tank" but when time does not permit, a simple prayer will help, a praise song goes a long way, that is, if I could sing.  I love a casual walk around the yard while talking with God. Nothing brings me closer to God than nature.  Quiet time alone with God and a good steaming  cup of coffee bring a smile to my face and a peace inside. I am reminded, as I type this, of a quote I would do good to remember, "A little coffee and a whole lot of Jesus!" 
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment