Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, January 10, 2023

The Vine and The Branch

     The winter's barren trees are showing their artful display of empty branches. The trunk is their source of nourishment. If the trunk dies, so do the branches. Today, the branches have no leaves, but come Spring they will issue a beautiful display of colorful leaves all because of the trunk. 

     We are reminded of the Vine and the branches in John 15: 5 “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”  

 The Vine and The Branch

 Lord, You are the vine;

Me, only a hanging tender branch,

Undeveloped, thin as twine.

I’m just an offshoot

Waiting to bear fruit.

Without your nourishing power

I cannot hang on or thrive;

You keep me alive.

I’m not complaining,

Or being hateful;

Just grateful.

I’m striving to be content

Hanging here twisted and slightly bent.

Your loving food helps me abide,

Growing me as I sproud in mortal pride.

Yet, Fruit is what I yearn to yield;

Fruit loving, ripe, and fine

As you feed and shield.

You are the vine

And can rightly say, “You’re mine.”

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 1/10/2023

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment