Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, February 23, 2023

Fear the Lord

     Two of my favorite devotional apps are In Touch and Daily Hope.  Both led me down 2 different avenues of thought this morning, but I decided to try and blend my thoughts on them into one. 
     Daily Hope stated that “if we wanted to get ready to be used by God, we need to use time in the best way possible. You can’t make time, you can’t borrow time, you can’t save time, and you can’t extend time. You can only use it.”
     In Touch led into Proverbs 9:10, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.”
     You may ask, “How do I connect these two avenues of thought?” First of all, I do not need to be “too busy” to make time. I need to use time well in order to learn about God, to get to know Him, to honor Him, to actually “Fear Him.”
     As my sovereign Ruler and, with my time, I need to: 
F ear the Lord
E steem the Lord 
A dmire the Lord 
R everence the Lord   

     Said another way is:  
Fear The Lord 

The beginning of wisdom is to fear

The Sovereign God standing near;

In the on-going religious climb

There is a time; 

Time to read His Word,

Acknowledging biblical principles heard.

Time for understanding,

Time for Godly mind-expandin’,

Time to reverence,

Time to esteem His name

With no vice or shame.

Time to praise

All of His ways. 

Time to fear

The God standing near.

 mcj 




No comments:

Post a Comment