Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, February 17, 2023

Comparison

      We all do it from time to time. But we shouldn't.  Why do we fall to that level?  It has to do with fleshy desires. Comparing this, comparing that! What we have, what we don't have, how we look, how we wish to look, desiring to be like someone else-what size we are, what color our hair is, and on and on. Yet God created each person to His own liking.  He, the only true Artist and Creator, molded each one of us into the image He wanted us to be and He gave each one their own uniqueness.  
     The following is my little reminder to self that I don't have to be a beauty queen, thin or trim, a voice in the crowd, or perform an action just to please.  I only need to be just me.

No Need to Compare

 

I have no need to compare.

I have what I have.

I am who I am;

Being God’s own created lamb.

There’s no purpose looking at other’s worth-

Just my own,

Which God placed upon this earth;

No reason for envy or jealously,

Being given my own molded melody.

Comparing would be foolish and silly

Can size, color, wealth be changed, willy-nilly?

Not really!

My own creative skills

Were knit within to fill God’s bill

With no beautiful frills;

Just a purpose to fill His will.

Comparing would leave me in despair,

Complaining, “Life’s not fair!”

 I’d be missing blessings;

My own special dressing;

Delaying gifts 

Meant to carry through seasons shifts. 

God counted every hair;

Where I am, He is there.

I have no need to compare,

I am who I am, 

And God stays near,

Always here to care.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 2/17/2022

 

“Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load.”  Galatians 6:4 NIV 

 

 

  

1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree. Envy & jealously will consume a person!

    ReplyDelete