Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, February 5, 2023

Spiritual DNA

      When I was reading my devotional this morning, it stated that "Salvation is solely the work of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit, but for most Christians, being born again came about with the help of spiritual 'midwives'. These are the Sunday school teachers, parents, evangelists, pastors, friends and strangers." Then it asked me to sketch a picture of my spiritual DNA.
     I decided to take up this challenge, but when I thought back a lot of the names would not come to mind although I could remember their influence.  
     I was raised in a small town named Village, and God truly sent me a "village" to influence my life for Jesus.  
     First and foremost my spiritual DNA began was my mother, father, grandparents, and a generation of parents before them.  Then there was the 1st pastor I remember by the name of Bro. Bennett.  On through the years, there were other pastors- many of whom visited and came to lunch.  Among them were: Bro. Gilliam, Bro. Packard, Bro. Carter, and Bro. Donovan, just to name a few.  
     Among Sunday school teachers, GA leaders, friends and neighbors there were: Ms Vivian Johnson (SS Teacher) , Mrs Opalene Machen, Val Wooley (song leader), Karen Randolph (song leader), Mrs. Jackie Mooney, Mrs. Helen Cheatham, Mrs. Eva Nell Randolph(GA's), Mrs. Dans (GA's), Dot Wilson (neighbor), Lucille Jacks (neighbor), Mrs. Mavolee Jones, Mrs. Inez Harris, Gordon Gunnels, Ruby Crumpler, and so many, many more. Most, if not all of these named have already met Jesus. They were the faithful in Christ who demonstrated Christian living.  
     This story has no ending.  My Spiritual DNA continues with my husband, child, and others who touch my life, but there are 3 other special ones who are my "Heros in Faith" as well.  Being the youngest of four, I look to my "older" siblings to keep my spiritual DNA on track.  

No comments:

Post a Comment