Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, February 27, 2023

Who's in Charge?

      We were attempting to clean the fall and winter fallings of pine straw and leaves from our 5-acre plot today.  Since we did not do the usual fall clean-up, the yard was a mess. Our burn pile was growing higher and higher, but the wind was blowing too hard to set it on fire.  Finally, about six, just before dark, the wind flag stopped whipping in the wind and settled, showing almost no breeze at all.  I looked at my husband and stated, "Can you believe this?  All day we have wanted to burn, and now it is too late and we are too tired to watch an overnight fire."  My husband reminded me of who is in charge when he replied, "Praise God! He knows what He is doing." 
     A simple statement can put me back on track.  God is in charge of the seasons. He is in charge of the wind and the rain. Who am I to question or complain?  As it was stated in Gone With The Wind, "After all tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment