Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Fruit of the Spirit

     The fruit of the Spirit is given to us in Galatians 5:22-23. They are: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. As humans we fight our flesh nature every day in order to live by the Spirit as we are instructed. It is hard! However, the longer we study scripture and seek Jesus, living by the fruit becomes easier. 

     Thinking on the fruit I am to achieve in my walk, I also thought about how this very fruit is given to ME every day. Jesus gives me love, joy, and peace. He is patient and waits while being compassionate, showing me kindness, and goodness through my failures. He is gentle, only wishing me well through my sickness and heart-ache. He is self-controlled by holding off punishment, waiting for me to turn onto the righteous path after steering away. 

     Thank you, God, for the fruit you provide daily. Help me reflect this same fruit to others. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment