Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, April 9, 2023

It's Easter

     When Jesus said, "It is finished!" as he hung there on the cross. He did not mean His job was done. He meant He had taken the sins of the world upon His shoulders. He had given His people freedom. He took my sin and your sin to give us life. That was crucifixion day!
     Now it's Easter. It's been 3 days since Jesus was laid in the grave. But, He's no longer there. His burial garments have been neatly folded indicating, "I''m not finished. I'm coming back." Jesus arose, but He's not gone. There's business to tend. There's the touch of His nail-scarred hands. some need to see and feel. There are instructions to leave, "Go and Tell!" There's a promise to leave, "I go to prepare a place for you. I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." Yet, another promise, "I will send you the Comforter from the Father. When He comes, He will give evidence about me. He is the Spirit of truth who comes from the Father."  
     Thank you Jesus for dying for me. Thank you for the Comforter. Thank you for life everlasting and for preparing a special place for me to live with you eternally.  Thank you for freedom, friends, family, and the opportunity to serve and worship you while I am passing through this earth. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment