Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, April 16, 2023

Mirror On The Wall

 Mirror reflections can be deceiving just as people can.  In other words, "All that glitters is not gold" or "Appearances can be deceiving." 

Mirror On The Wall

 Mirror, mirror on the wall.

Tell it all.

Do not deceive

Show what others perceive?

Reveal what’s in my heart.

Does it reflect God’s goodly art?

Does love show in my outward face,

And am I deserving of God’s grace?

Mirror, mirror on the wall,

Reflect it all.

Beauty or vanity!

Humanity or Christianity? 

Show what’s seen;

What others glean-

Not just the wrinkles

But what’s in the mind.

What do you find? 

Are thoughts kind? 

Am I, with Jesus, aligned?

Shadows here and shadows there-

Within my view I see a glare-

My reflection not always fair.

Standing in front of you, 

Tell it true!

Help me see what others view. 

As the light above you shines

And shows the lines,

Mirror, mirror on the wall,

Please, tell it all. 

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  4//16/2023

 

 

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”  Matthew 5:15 NIV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment