Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, April 1, 2023

"No", A 2-Letter Word

When I was raising my child, one of her first words was, “No!” That word was used a lot. It was used with the intent to continue to do what she wanted even though it was not right or not good for her. It was used in a childish matter just as ! Corinthians 13:11 tells us, “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child. I thought as a child but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” 

     As an adult we continue to use the word, “No.” However, as an adult we can learn to use this simple 2-letter word in a matter that is actually good. We can use it to say, “No” to the lust of the flesh, “No” to the lust of the eyes, and “No” to pride and selfishness. As an adult, it is time to put away childish thinking and control our thoughts in a matter that is pleasing. We can say “No” to the things that do not please God; the things that will harm us. We can say “Yes” to those things that are pleasing and will not harm us or others.   

No comments:

Post a Comment