Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, April 15, 2023

Early Morning

It gives me joy to write verse in the early morning after my devotionals. I feel a closeness to God as I strive to express His love. Below is the one I wrote this early, beautiful glorious day God has provided. 

Early Morning

 

I awoke 

As morning broke.

There was a hunger within.

Birds were chirping and life about to begin.

I took delight in my hunger;

Always there whether older or younger. 

Only one thing would quinch the thirst upon my lips.

It was the Living Water at my fingertips!

Only One who could quiet the rumbling noise; 

Only One to give day’s joys!

As morning broke,

My mind was filled as God spoke.

Tossing the sheets aside,

Hunger eased.

I was pleased!

There was peace, knowing God would be my guide;

No need for fear should I slide in day’s ride.

Hunger would be satisfied

With God walking by my side;

My thirst was stilled, yet ignited-

My thoughts excited!

With God, comes the morning-

A yearning in the dawning!

In the shadow of His wings 

I rejoice in what day brings. 

 

“O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is…Because thou hast been my help, therefore, in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. 

Psalm 63:1,7

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment