Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, April 7, 2023

Good Friday - Crucified

On Good Friday Christians commemorate the crucifixion of the death of Jesus Christ. On Easter, we celebrate His resurrection. I wrote the following in 2011 and felt the need to share it this morning. 

Crucified 

I kneel and weep before the cross;

The tears are not for my loss.  

I had it all to gain

Because of my Lord, who was slain.

I weep for the horrible crucifixion;

The pain, mockery, and affliction.

 Even Pilate asked, 

“Why? What evil hath He done?”

The centurion said, 

“Truly this Man was God’s own Son!”

 Jesus healed and raised the dead;

Yet, had no place to lay His head.

He was mocked, beaten, and abused;

Was denied and accused.  

 Jesus, my Lord, was crucified,

Taken to court and tried.

Nails were driven in His hands and feet;

All for my sin and deceit.

I weep for the torture He endured,

Giving His life so mine would be secured..

I weep for the Lamb 

Who was rejected and scorned;

He bled as they placed, upon His head, 

A braided crown of thorns.

 My Jesus!

He suffered the cruelest pain.

And yet, I constantly complain.

 He suffered and bled; 

For that I cry,

And ask, “Why?”

The answer comes quickly 

Through the quiet, 

I love you my child with all my might.

Do not cry and despair,

For you, 

I carried the cross I was born to bear.” 

 I have no further need to ask, 

“Why? What evil had He done?”

I believe He died for me and is God’s own Son.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  4/17/2011

 

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment