Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Bearing Gifts

My devotional this morning was titled, “Every Sunday is a Little Easter,” which shared that “Each time we die to self and live for Christ, we experience anew the gift of the resurrection.” 

     This got me to thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas, especially when I read John 12:23-24.“And Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.” 

     What better gift could I give at Christmas than the gift of bearing fruit. 

My gifts to celebrate and thank Jesus should be: 

The gift of forgiveness

The gift of prayer for others

The gift of sharing 

The gift of releasing pride

The gift of letting go of my selfish ways

The gift of love

The gift of embracing God and His Word

I pray that every day will find me bearing gifts in celebration of what Jesus did on the cross for me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment