Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Confessions

Yesterday, I posted Stories of Old from the Bible. They were stories about men living bold for God. Today, I am going to take a different approach. The characters from Bible stories all had flaws but God used them in a mighty way and was ready to forgive them when they admitted their wrong doings although there were consequences.                                                                                                                                                  

Confession

Lord!

I have confessions to make

And seek forgiveness in my mistake.

I’ve made many a bad decision 

And had to live with your division.

I’m like Eve who had to grieve. 

She chose to eat the apple; 

It was sweet and a lovely-looking treat,

But a forbidden fruit.

Her life was changed, and it was acute.

I see myself as Esau who had a flaw.

He chose to give up his birthright;

His hunger pains were too much to fight.

A single appetizing meal came to steal.

Then, there’s Samson in whom I am much alike.

He used no wisdom to foresee what’s down the pike.

You gave him strength,

But he held you at arm’s length;

 Lacking proper choices,

And not listening to right voices.

I relate to Peter, burdened over denial;

Regretful in my trial.

You gave so many Biblical stories

In which to consider life’s inventories;

The potential effects upon my actions-my attractions;

They invade my senses and lead to unblessed consequences.

Woo to the wrongs within me,

For You, Lord, readily see!

Through all my lack of insight,

I shout with joy and delight,

Knowing you see my obsessions

And accept my confessions.

Glory to God!

You hear 

While forgivingly staying near.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 10/31/2023 

 

"...because it is by faith you stand firm." 2 Corinthians 1:24b

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment