Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, November 16, 2023

Dust Yourself Off-Try Again

When I was growing up, I was often told, “If you fall, get back up, dust yourself off, and try it again.”  I was also told, “Can’t never could do anything.”  I believe my parents were teaching determination as well as courage and defeat of fear.   

     Proverbs 24:16 supports the idea of getting back up. “For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again…”   The GNT version states it as, “No matter how often honest people fall, they always get up again.” 

     Although I do not like failure, it is a teaching experience. There are many good quotes on getting back up after failure in order to achieve success, but below are just a few encouraging ones I found: 

 

“If you fall off a horse, get back in the saddle.” 

“The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried.”

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”

“One who fears failure limits his activities.”

“Giving up is the only sure way to fail.”

“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”


Finally, Here are my thoughts on  "getting back up to try again."


The Fall 

I had a great fall and wanted to bawl

But I stood instead of taking a crawl.

This was no defeat.

Success was just down the street,

And it would be sweet.

I’d try again.

The effort wouldn’t be in vain.

I had too much to gain.

The fall was just small;

I had determination to scale that wall.

This was a temporary setback 

To staying on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment