Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The Race of Endurance

“Let us (me) run with endurance the race that is set before us (me)…so that you (I) will not grow weary and lose heart.” 

     I have to remind myself daily to run with endurance and not lose heart. I believe we all depend on someone which means someone is depending upon me, as well. Those who teach have children and co-workers who depend upon them. Pastors have a congregation that depends upon him. Those in other professions have co-workers and bosses who depend upon them. I am retired, yet I have others who depend upon me in some way or other. It may just be a Sunday School teacher who needs a good attendance member, missions that need my offering, an elderly person who needs a way to travel, and maybe a child, grandchild, or friend who needs a listening ear.   

     The marathon I choose to run takes endurance because my path is not always clearly marked and, often, I veer off course. However, when I do reach the finish line I hope to receive the reward of “Well done!” 

     To endure and keep on running with endurance, I need God’s Word and His instruction. 

     “Therefore we (I) do not lose heart. (Never give up.)…Inwardly we (I) are being renewed day by day.”  My renewal can only come through God and His Word. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment