Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, November 30, 2023

Strong Foundation

I enjoy looking at floor-plans, not that I ever want to be involved in building another house, yet I remember how the foundation of my house was set. It reminded me of the scripture in Luke “…they dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.” 
     At the time I was not much interested in the foundation or the main structure; like insulation and such. It was my husband’s job to take care of that. I was waiting for the interior part – the one where I could start putting things inside. I was thinking about stuff to make it pretty not what would really make it a home. The things unseen but felt should really have been on my mind, first and foremost, in order to create a home with a solid,  unshakable foundation. Things like: 
            Love for family and others  
    Forgiveness toward all  
    Consideration of other's feelings and opinions
    Humility and Humbleness to wipe away the dust of pride 
    Prayer at all times daily
   As I was thinking about what to add to the above I remembered the Fruit of the Spirit. Those all should be in the home:

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-Control

     These are the things that make a strong foundation, not just in the home but in my life. If I apply the Fruit Of The Spirit, I become stronger; my foundation becomes stronger, and I am better able to stand should my foundation becomes shaky.
                             

  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment