Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, December 9, 2023

Daily Dress

Seldom do I sleep late and by late I mean seven, for I am usually awake by six. That does not mean that I get up right away. I like to enjoy coffee and my time with God cuddled beneath my blankets for a while.  This morning I was reading about God's armor, and it got me to thinking about my daily dress and what I kept in my closet. 

What To Wear! 
 
I slept in this morning,
But time is burning.
I must get dressed for the day.
I hope my closet doesn’t leave me in dismay.
Let’s see!
What is here and what to wear?
I still have what was given me in my youth;
I see the belt of truth.
 I wear that with my body armor.
It wasn’t meant to make me a model or a charmer.
It was provided to protect,
But my dress is for me to select.
I still have shoes given to wear;
They are simple-nothing fancy or with flare;
They’re made for daily walking and running-
Nothing stunning!
But there’s comfort in these shoes-
A peace from Good News!
My closet holds several of my choice-
I just have to listen to the right voice.
I still have my shield-
A shield of faith to keep me strong and never yield.
I see where it’s at.
Maybe I’ll carry that.
It’ll deflect arrows sent my way,
For I am Satan’s target every day.
I think I need a hat or something like that. 
Maybe my helmet-
My salvation given, when Jesus we met. 
He's my hope
When I’m at the end of my rope.
Somewhere, I have a sword-God’s Word!
It needs to be sharpened a bit
To make it the right fit.
I must remember that daily dress is to give me rest. 
But these aren’t all the garments from the Lord.
A must is daily prayer
To complete what I must wear.
 
Mary Crisp Jameson -  12/9/2023 
 
“Therefore put on the full armor of God…Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit…” Ephesians 13a,14-18a
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment