Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, December 31, 2023

The Mustard Seed

Year 2023 is ending today, but a new year will usher in to tomorrow. What better way to end and start a new year than with a bit of Mustard--Seed faith for the last and the first days! In fact, we are told by the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End to have a bit of mustard-seed faith.

My Mustard-Seed

I have only a tiny seed.

I hope it will grow something good; 

Not just a bitter weed.

A tiny mustard-seed I hold in my hand,  

But I am about to toss it into this tilled-up land.

I’m resolute,

It’ll take root;

Grow fruit.

It only takes a bit of faith and belief 

To see growth of a tiny leaf

Created by the Commander-In-Chief.

It only takes a bit of faith to blossom

Into something awesome;

It only takes a bit of water from tender tears,

Intermixed with prayers

For a tiny mustard-seed to take root,

And bear fruit.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 12/31/2023 

 

“Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17: 20 NIV. (v21 KJV “Howbeith this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment