Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, December 2, 2023

Patience and Kindness

One of my devotionals this morning was on knowing God's voice. The other one was on how God teaches us patience. One way, the author wrote, was to place me in a long line at the Department of Motor Vehicles or at a delayed doctor appointment. I laughed at that because I have certainly been there. 
     God has also taught me kindness as happened to me just this week. I was out of town, had just gone under a green light, and about to turn into a Walmart  parking lot when I looked behind me only to see flashing blue lights. I promptly found an empty parking space and rolled down the window to ask the police office what I had done because I was sure the light I had gone under was green and not red but was already doubting myself. Let me just note right here that I was asking kindly. It turned out I had a tail light out or should I say my husband had a tail light out since I was the driver of his truck. 
     I may have been a bit kinder to the officer than to my husband when I found out the problem. The whole process was friendly. We visited with the officer about people he knew in a town near ours, and we thanked the officer for his service when he handed me the warning ticket which I promptly passed on to my detailed husband, with confidence  he would immediately take care of the problem. 
     Kindness goes a long way in making situations pleasant and in being considerate of what is required for others in performing their job requirements.  

No comments:

Post a Comment