Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, December 8, 2023

The Yoke

How often do we misunderstand and argue with God? I can hear Him now, in frustration, as He makes His plea with my stubbornness. Too often, this is how our conversation might go: 

 

Jesus spoke, “Take my yoke.”

 

I thought in my head and said, “But won’t that will make, heavy, my tread.”

 

Jesus: “No my child, it will lighten your load upon the road. I will carry the weight and make your steps straight.”

 

Me: “But, when you enter my space it will slow my pace.”

 

Jesus: “Sometimes, too fast is your stride. I’ll be your guide. Easy is my yoke, not like one made of oak. 


Me: "If I slow, things might not go my way or get done today. 


Jesus: Trust me! Your burden will become light, easing your plight. Take my yoke and wear my cloak."


I love how patient God is with me, His wayward child! His Words are always true: "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and burden is light.” Matthew 11:29-30 NIV 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment