Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, December 17, 2023

Stewardship

Our service today was about stewardship taken from Luke 16 entitled, “Faithful To The Right Master.” It appears there was a servant to whom his master was asking for an account of his stewardship before it was taken away. At one point our pastor brought up how Judas sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Is that what I am doing when I am not faithful to the right Master? Is that what I am doing when I am not responsible with the gifts God has given me? . 

     I thought, what are my priorities? Am I being a Judas- selling Jesus? I decided I needed to compose a theme statement to develop my stewardship of planning and responsibility.

     My next thought was how do I serve? Immediately, the 4 “Ws” crossed my mind. “Who! What! When! Where!

     My who to serve is the Lord and others, not me.

     My what to serve is love for God and others.

     My when is daily.

     My where is wherever I am

 

With that said, my stewardship theme or motto sentence is: 

 

Who, Lord, should I serve but You and others, and what I serve up, let it be a heartful of love when I rise in the morning and where I am found.    

    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment