Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, December 21, 2023

The Gift of Christmas

There are many presents under my tree, but I am sure some will not really be wanted or bring joy to the recipient. In my defense, I had to get something!  Some of the gifts were purchased in haste and will end up really be a waste of my cash or an increase of my charges on credit. But, as most would say, it is the thought that counts.  When I think about it, it is really the Good News that I should give. This is one that will be treasured and kept forever. 


The Gift of Christmas 

 

This Christmas, I expect a gift

Paid for with credit or cash;

Simply bought in hurry and dash

And soon to be tossed in the trash.

Whatever!

It may be worn a time or two

When it is new,

Or it may get broken in a bit;

It may be an original or counterfeit;

Certainly not really made to last.

The gift will be tossed as in the past.

So?

What I want is the gift of Good News;

That’s what I choose.

I want One of value and worth;

The Good News brought to earth.

I want One that will not fade;

One not man-made.

I want One not paid for with silver or gold;

One I can forever hold.

I want the spotless Lamb

Who saved my soul.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  12/21/2023

 

“For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors , but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 1 Peter 1: 18-19

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Very good usage of Whatever and so. The older I get the more I become aware that my life is wrapped up in those two words.

    ReplyDelete