Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, March 29, 2024

Good Friday and Easter

This Good Friday we celebrate the death of Christ. We celebrate the expectation of the resurrection! 

     Jesus Arose!

     Every day, but especially at Easter, I am reminded of how God took the sinless Christ and, in death, poured my sins into Him so I could have God’s goodness poured into me if only I believe.

     The King James version of 2 Corinthians 5:21 states it like this, “For He hath made Him to be sin for us (me), who knew no sin, that we (I) might be made the righteousness of God in Him.”

     The Living Bible version puts in like this, “For God took the sinless Christ and poured into Him our (my) sins. Then, in exchange, He poured God’s goodness into us. (me)!” 

     When Jesus died on the cross, He took the sins of the world. When I believed, I received the Holy Spirit and by God’s grace I had God’s goodness poured into me. 

     For this I celebrate and "Praise the Name of My Lord!"

     

     

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment