Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, March 30, 2024

Me Time

I have often said that I just want a little “me time” which means, “Everyone just leave me alone and let me get away by myself.” I really do not mean that literally for there is always One who I want with me at ALL times. 

     I realize that I am never alone, and I am so glad and blessed by that knowledge. Psalm 139: 7-10 reinforces this: “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me.”

     This knowledge that I am never alone gives me comfort and peace. I love my "me time."

 

Me Time

 

“Me time” finds me never alone

But with the Lord upon His throne. 

Alone, I do not wish to be;

But just the Lord and me.

“Me time” is a time to praise

Before the lifting of morning’s haze;

Before the beginnings of my days.

“Me time” is a moment for listening-

A moment for partitioning.

It starts while the dew is glistening.

It starts in early morning

Before the sun begins its adorning.

“Me time” is a time to hear His voice;

A time to rejoice:

A time amid the busy day

In my work or in my play.

“Me time” is a call to pray. 

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 3/29/2024 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment