Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, July 11, 2024

A Goat

My verse for the day comes from Ephesians 4:30. “Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”

 

I am sure I grieve the Lord every day, and I am so sorry for the grief I cause. As I thought of ways I grieve God, I thought of:

 

G-ossip

R age or Rationalize my sinful ways 

I nconsiderate toward others

E nvy

V alue possessions over God

E lect to go it my way 

 

But then I though what word can I call myself for the way I grieve God. Immediately, I thought of a goat. I don’t know why, other than they are known to be willing to eat or chew on almost anything including tin cans and cardboard. 

     By nature, I sometimes, too, am willing to test the waters of sin, chewing on it to see how good it can be and how far I can go. 

 

So I might call myself a "goat": 

 

G-ossip

O-verindulgent

A-ct selfishly and unrighteous (unforgiving-anger-and the list continues)

T-estor of the waters of sinfulness 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment