Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, July 26, 2024

Promises

Years ago, when I attended Al-Anon, I learned not to get too excited about promises made to me. They usually were not kept, and my unfulfilled expectations left me feeling low. I learned to listen to a person’s actions instead of their words. 

     Although we love the people in our lives, they often let us down with unfulfilled promises. I am sure I have also been at the other end of spectrum, as well, by letting someone down. 

     With God, I don’t how to be edgy, depressed, or let-down. His promises are always kept. I do, however, need to listen to His words, watch for His actions, hold them in my heart and love Him because the results occurring in my life are pre-planned. With God, I can have peace, knowing if I trust and love, my life is joyful.   

 

“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.” 2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment