Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, July 3, 2024

The Right Shoe

Yesterday I talked about “putting the shoe on the other foot.” Thinking about shoes led me into how comfortable I am in the right shoes; shoes that don’t just look cute but ones that really fit.
     In fact, I love a good, comfortable pair of shoes. My daughter says I am really picky when it comes to buying shoes, but that is because if a shoe is not comfortable my whole body is out of sync. I am probably telling my age when I say, “I gave up high heels long ago.” 
     The following quotes are some of my favorites, but a quote can always be changed a little, like:  
 
“Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”  
     I like to think of this as “Give a girl the right God, and she can walk in her shoes and conquer the world.” 
 
“Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy fabulous shoes and that can lift one’s “sole.”  
     Hmmm, how could I change this?  Maybe, “Money can’t buy happiness, but with God you can have “joy and hope” in the shoes you wear and He can lift one’s “soul.” 
 

      That being said, I came up with my own quote. “If you put faith in God in your walk, you are wearing the right shoes.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment