Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Promises A-Z

I have done several A-Z writings, but I have never attempted one about God’s promises. I think that if I believe, receive, treasure God’s Word, obey, trust, and fear God, there are promises I can cling to and the following do not include them all.   

 

Alive with Christ 

“But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us (me) alive with Christ even when we (I) were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you (I) have been saved.” Ephesians 2:4-5

 

Barns will be full of plenty

“Honor the Lord from your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. Proverbs 3:9-10

          

Correction  

“Because the Lord disciplines those He loves, as a father the son he delights in.” Proverbs 3:12 

 

Discretion will protect me 

“Discretion will protect you…” Proverbs 2:11 

 

Eternal life is granted

“Now this is eternal life; that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.” John 17:3 

         

Free gift of life 

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23 

 

Grace is bestowed 

“For it is by grace you have been saved through faith—and this is not from yourselves. It is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesisans 2:8-9

 

Health  

“…Fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nournishment to your bones.” Proverbs 3 :7b-8

 

Included Forever 

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit.” Ephesians 1:13 He is intimate with the upright” Proverbs 3:32 

 

Joy is within 

“The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.” Psalm 126:3

 

Knowledge will begin 

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge..." 

Proverbs 1:7a

 

Love with be given me  

“This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins…Since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another…But if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.” 1 John 4:10,11,12b  

         

Mercy is provided

“His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. Luke 1:50  

 

Needs are met 

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

 

Overcoming friend by my side  

“You are my friends if you do what I command.” John 15:14 and “Take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

 

Protects my way and Peace of Mind but not Problem free  

“For He guards the course of the just and protects the way of His faithful ones.” Proverbs 2:8 and “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

 

Quick assess to God

“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests…” Ephesians 6:18a

 

Rest in contentment  

“The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.” Proverbs 19:23

 

Shield will cover me

“He holds success in store for the upright, He is a shield to those whose walk if blameless.” Proverbs 2:7 

 

Things work for good

“For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

 

United and One with God 

“But whoever is united with the Lord is one with Him in spirit.” 1 Corinthians 6:17

 

Victory is granted

“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4

 

Will not be broken in the stumble 

“Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.” Psalm 37:24

 

X-rayed daily

“For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.” Ecclesiastes 12:14 and “…we know that God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything.” 1 John 5:20b

 

Yahweh, my God is always the same-His Word never changes  

             “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8

         

Zillion reasons to follow God who is the zest to my life and the zip to my walk

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” Revelation 22:13 

No comments:

Post a Comment