Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, July 22, 2024

The Same

Have you ever started the day not knowing what to expect from a family member, a co-worker, or friend? Isn't it wonderful to know that there is One who never changes? 

The Same 

 Some mornings, I wake up sleepy,

Then others may find me weepy.

I may be grumpy,

Or I may feel jumpy.

My moods can be fickle,

Changing as the flip of a nickle.

I may be rude.

I may be crude.

I may want to brood.

You might find a smile upon my face

That you want to embrace, 

Or there might be a frown

I wear around the town.

My words might be inconsistent,

And I might be distant.

I might be sarcastic or kind.

It’s a quess, what you will find.

But, 

God’s mood does not change;

It does not re-arrange.

He is the same day in and out;

There’s nothing to doubt.

He’s consistent;

Never distant.

Every day, He’s the same.

That places Him in my Hall of Fame.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson. 7/21/2024

 

“I the Lord do not change.” Malachi 3:6

 

“…the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like 

shifting shadows.” James 1:17b

 

No comments:

Post a Comment