Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, July 6, 2024

Stuck in Sin

I hate it when I sin; when I am rude, when I get irritated too quickly, when I am unfriendly, even when I catch myself "doing the eyeball roll" at someone else's action or comment. Why do I do the things I do? It seems I cycle in and out of my sinful ways. I have no excuses, but if I did, it would be that Satan roams to and fro hoping to deceive.  I am just to thankful that God forgives and He gives me grace.  

Stuck in Sin

 

Stuck in the muck?

Stalled and appalled?

Blinded and weak-minded?

Satan's foot-hold

Got you trapped in sin's mold?

Running in place

And looking for grace?

Tis wise to take heed.

Seek help to be freed.

If need be-

Unfriend,

Avoid the trend,

Don’t over-spend,

Make amend.

Detect, 

Reject,

Correct!

Do what it will take;

God’s grace is at stake!

 

Mary Crisp Jameson. 7/8/2024 

 

“For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.” Titus 2: 11-12 NIV

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment