Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, August 6, 2023

A Million Excuses

When I do for others, I know that I am showing God's love. Yet, I often tend to grumble, make excuses, or give reasons when I simply do not want to take time out of my schedule to be the person God intends for me to be. 

A Million Excuses 

I’ve given God a million excuses-

Dozens more rejections

In not following His directions. 

I’ve given a thousand plus reasons

Throughout my seasons.

Excuses here, excuses there-

They remain a snare,

Trapping me in Satan’s care.

Excuses to not listen, 

Excuses to not follow, 

Excuses to not heed

Though that is what I need. 

I have a hundred made-up reasons;

Reasons, for others, I did not do,  

Reasons I did not witness,

Reasons I chose to stray, 

Reasons I forgot to pray

And ignore

The One and Only;

The God to whom I ask for more,

The God who walks before,

The God who opens every door,

The God who has provided,

The God who has daily guided.

A hundred thousand times, I ask to be forgiven 

For manufactured reasons given. 

May my excuses be pardoned by God’s grace

When I see Him face to face.  

I pray they all go up in smoke 

When I kneel at Jesus’ feet-

Jesus who bore my yoke.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  8/5/2023 

“Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11: 29-30 NIV 

No comments:

Post a Comment