Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Milk and Honey

I love America, a land, I consider, flowing with “milk and honey”. 

     The Lord told Jeremiah to tell the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem He was displeased with them because they had broken the covenant He had commanded for them to follow which was, “Obey me and do everything I command you, and you will be my people, and I will be your God. Then I will fulfill the oath I swore to your ancestors, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey.”  Because of their sin, God was going to bring disaster upon them. 

     God has to be extremely displeased with the world. He created all things and provided a land flowing with milk and honey. Will it be taken away? Why? 

              We have taken God out of schools

              We call men women and women men

              We kill our babies by ripping them from the womb

              We worship man-made idols 

              We steal- we loot

              Almost in every movie and book, God’s name is used in vain. 

                   We watch it, listen to it, read it, and do the same.  

              There are many more whys….

Regardless, for those who love God and have accepted Jesus we have assurance that we will have a glorious permanent home with Him.  Humanity is unfaithful and sinful, but God remains faithful. God keeps His promises!

               

1 comment:

  1. That's good preaching. Does your church appro r of women preachers.

    ReplyDelete