Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, August 26, 2023

What's In Your Belief?

Belief is our brain's way of making sense of things. Some in this world do not get the concept of anyone  who would come for the sole purpose of placing their self on an altar of sacrifice. However, for those who have chosen to believe in Jesus, there is more to it than simple belief. Once we take that step of belief it turns our whole life into a miracle. In John 3:16  we find, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believers in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." I describe only a few of the many wonderful, fulfilling miracles I receive by belief below.  

What's In Your Belief?

Belief!
What’s in it for me?
Someone to shoulder my grief.
Peace in the soul;
A light that infects the whole.
God’s Word, a light to my feet.
Oh! How sweet!
Belief!
What’s in it for me?
Glee;
A life that’s free;
A Father forever-
His guarantee.
Forgiveness
And loving kindness;
A cleansing from sin;
The Spirit within.
Belief!
What’s in it for me?
A permanent home, set in gold
With no hot or cold.
A city with no need for moon or sun;
It’s illumined by The Son.
I have life eternal
With the Trinity, Three.
That’s what in it for me. 
It never hurts to have belief; 
It gives relief. 
It provides mercy and grace, 
Making for a happy place. 
 
Mary Crisp Jameson 8/26/2023 
 
“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” James 3:17 

“The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.” Revelation 21:23 NIV  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment