Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, August 5, 2023

God's Love

 When I read Ephesians 3:18 this morning, I was reminded of the song Deep and Wide. The lyrics are: 

Deep and wide
Deep and wide
There's a fountain flowing deep and wide

Since God's love flows deeper and wider than I can ever imagine I wrote the following about God's love for me: 

God’s Love 

 

God’s love is deep and wide

As He walks by my side.

It’s wide and deep,

Protecting even as I sleep.

His love is long and wide-

wide and long,

Giving me joy through my daily song.

His love is deep and high,

Making me strong within my cry.

It surpasses my knowledge-

My human insight.

God’s love reaches beyond the scope 

of breadth, length, depth, and height;

'Tis so sweet,

It makes me complete.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson   8/5/2023

 

 “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long land high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:17b-18 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment