Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, August 30, 2023

My Help Cometh

I have been working on the following for a while. In fact, I had even forgotten about it. Finding it this morning, I decided to give it completion and share my visit with a Stranger, the One who walks beside me everyday. If I will only recognize Him; He will carry my daily load; my fears, my apprehensions, and my worries.  He is willing. 

My Help Cometh … 

 

I was walking a lonely road. The burden I carried was a heavy load. 

 

A Stranger came along the trail and said, “You look frail from that weight.” He smiled and continued, “Let me carry it a while.”

 

I replied, “It is much too heavy; too immense.” It made no sense to give it to a Stranger though He seemed friendly and of no danger. 

 

The Stranger offered another plea, “Trust me! Please do. I am willing to take that  weight from you.”

 

I stumbled under the load, then gave a laugh, “It’s my burden, but I’ll let you carry half.”

 

He took the part I allowed. I was too proud to give Him all. The load I still carried made me stumble again. I felt my spirit crumble. I was weary and tired. This weight was undesired. 

 

The Stranger reached out his hand to help and I wept. I gave Him the rest of my load. He took it all and never slowed as we walked on down the road. 

 

Continuing on, my burden was gone. I was no longer tired, only uplifted and inspired.  

 

The Stranger didn’t seem to mind and never stumbled a time as up the hill we walked and climbed.   

 

We fellowshipped! We sang! I felt no burdensome pain. There was relief- no weight or grief. I had cast onto the shoulders of the Man walking my road, the heavy load. I had given my baggage to Jesus!

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 8/30/2023

 

“My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment